51st Annual Conference – June 10-14, 2018
Call for Proposals:
The Association Supporting Computer Users in Education, ASCUE, is seeking proposals from faculty and staff for presentations at its 51st Annual Conference.
The conference, voted one of the top 5 conferences to attend by EdTech Magazine, will be held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from June 10th – 14th, 2018. Proposals should focus on issues in information technology that are of interest to educational institutions. Proposals may be submitted for either a general or refereed/peer-reviewed track.
We invite you to become a part of this dynamic conference. Submit a proposal for a session presentation, panel participation or workshop by completing the online form. Session proposals are due by 2/2/2018.
Session presentations are 45 minutes, including time set aside for audience questions and engagement. We encourage innovative, interactive presentation formats. Please visit the links below for more information about each session type.
You will be asked to provide:
- Demographic Information for all presenters (name, title, institution, mailing address, email address and phone number)
- Title of Presentation
- 250 word or less abstract
- Format of session – See links below for more information.
- Technology needs for session
- Brief biography for each presenter (75 words or less)
Below are just a few of the sessions topics presented in 2017:
- Academic Integrity in the Online Classroom
- Effective Strategies for Promoting YouTube Channels
- An introduction to “Deep Learning”
- Improving the Development and Implementation of Online Courses: A Student’s Perspective
- Deploying Microsoft DirectAccess
- Window PowerShell – Scripting Microsoft Updates
- Developing a Self-Paced Orientation for Online Faculty
- ASCUE 2067: How We Will Attend Posthumously
- You TOO Can Be Cool! Play at the Beach with Cool Tools
- Upholding Accessibility Standards when Selecting Tech Tools
- Almost Like Being There: Using Synchronous Meetings in Online Computing Courses
- Google Classrooms and Digital Notebooks
- Window PowerShell – Task Automation
- Uniting Interdisciplinary Groups through 3D Printing
- Curating and Contextualizing Literature
What would YOU like to share with the ASCUE community?
Consider a Workshop!!!
Workshops are 90-minute sessions designed to give presenters an opportunity to delve deeper into their particular topic of discussion. These sessions typically provide attendees an opportunity for hands-on experience with the topic. A minimal stipend is paid to the presenter.
All presenters must register for ASCUE 2018 and pay standard registration fees for the conference. Presenters are encouraged to register early. Conference registration is open NOW!
Contact: MJ Clark at email@example.com.