50th Annual Conference (and reunion!) – June 11-15, 2017
Call for Proposals:
The Association Supporting Computer Users in Education, ASCUE, is seeking proposals from faculty and staff for presentations at its 50th Annual Conference and reunion.
The conference, voted one of the top 5 conferences to attend by EdTech Magazine, will be held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from June 11th – 15th, 2017. Proposals should focus on issues in information technology that are of interest to educational institutions. Proposals may be submitted for either a general or refereed/peer-reviewed track.
Session presentations are 45 minutes, including time set aside for audience questions and engagement. We encourage innovative, interactive presentation formats. Please visit the links below for more information about each session type.
Proposal deadline: March 17, 2017
You will be asked to provide:
- Demographic Information for all presenters (name, title, institution, mailing address, email address and phone number)
- Title of Presentation
- 250 word or less abstract
- Format of session – See links below for more information.
- Technology needs for session
- Brief biography for each presenter (75 words or less)
Sessions topics last year included:
- Tools to use in a database class – and best of all they are FREE!
- Broadening Participation in Computing
- What’s an Embedded Librarian?
- Shaping Bandwidth learning to love Netflix on campus
- Developing a Cyber Security Lab
- Engaging Learners Through Video
- OER in the Classroom
- Building a Digital Humanities Community – a Collaboration between Library and IT
- Watson Analytics for End Users
- Digital Badges: Credentialing Professional Development
- Components of an Effective Online Course
- A Case Study in Google Cloud Printing on Campus
- ASCUE New Member Prospectus Round-table
- Microsoft Windows 10 Deployment
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployment
- Keeping Up with Big Data – Designing an Introductory Data Analytics Class
What would YOU like to share with the ASCUE community?
Consider a Workshop!!!
Workshops are 90-minute sessions designed to give presenters an opportunity to delve deeper into their particular topic of discussion. These sessions typically provide attendees an opportunity for hands-on experience with the topic. A minimal stipend is paid to the presenter.
All presenters must register for ASCUE 2017 and pay standard registration fees for the conference. Presenters are encouraged to register early. Conference registration is open NOW!
Contact: Anthony Basham at firstname.lastname@example.org.