Our mission is to provide opportunities for resource-sharing, networking, and collaboration within an environment that fosters creativity and innovation in the use of technology within higher education.
ASCUE is turning 50!!!
Join us June 11-15, 2017 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as ASCUE celebrates its 50th year of meeting together for our annual educational technology information sharing and collaboration conference!
Your ASCUE Board is working hard to plan an extra-special conference that will be worth attending for sure!
Mark your calendars and SAVE THE DATE! Registration is now open!
New to ASCUE and wonder what we’re about? Below are some of the things we have planned and that you can expect at our 2017 conference…
- Three and one half days of panels, presentations, and round table discussions encompassing the full range of technology in higher education
- Keynote Speakers: Alan Levine AND Janet Hurn
- Afternoon workshops
- Annual Business Meeting with Door Prizes
- Numerous FREE activities to celebrate our 50th conference (ALL included with your registration), including:
- All-American Cookout and Kickoff Karnival with giant inflatables, games, cotton candy and other treats, etc
- Celebration Buffet Luncheon
- 50th Conference and Reunion Gala – appetizers, fellowship, memory room, bar (one complimentary beverage)
- Improv Comedy Night
- Thursday afternoon Mini-golf at Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere at Ocean Creek Resort
Some of this year’s sessions topics and professional development opportunities include:
- Academic Integrity in the Online Classroom
- Effective Strategies for Promoting YouTube Channels
- An introduction to “Deep Learning”
- Improving the Development and Implementation of Online Courses: A Student’s Perspective
- Deploying Microsoft DirectAccess
- Window PowerShell – Scripting Microsoft Updates
- Developing a Self-Paced Orientation for Online Faculty
- ASCUE 2067: How We Will Attend Posthumously
- You TOO Can Be Cool! Play at the Beach with Cool Tools
- Upholding Accessibility Standards when Selecting Tech Tools
- Almost Like Being There: Using Synchronous Meetings in Online Computing Courses
- Google Classrooms and Digital Notebooks
- Window PowerShell – Task Automation
- Uniting Interdisciplinary Groups through 3D Printing
- Curating and Contextualizing Literature
- Polytechnic: Taking the plunge
- Transitioning to the Polytechnic: The Game Development Aspect
- The Textbook You Already Have
- Student Success in the Online Learning Environment
- ACTC – Takin’ Tech to the Streets
- Evaluation of a college course textbook and adaptive online learning supplement about personal and community health
- Perspectives on the past, present, and future in computer-related areas as they impact academia, business, and other areas
… and more innovations, collaborations, and creative presentations will be provided and posted soon!
Start by marking your calendars for June 11-15, 2017 and register NOW! Hope to see you there!