Our mission is to provide opportunities for resource-sharing, networking, and collaboration within an environment that fosters creativity and innovation in the use of technology within higher education.
ASCUE is turning 50!!!
Join us June 11-15, 2017 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as ASCUE celebrates its 50th year of meeting together for our annual educational technology information sharing and collaboration conference!
Your ASCUE Board is working hard to plan an extra-special conference that will be worth attending for sure!
Mark your calendars and SAVE THE DATE! Registration is now open!
New to ASCUE and wonder what we’re about? Below are some of the things we have planned and that you can expect at our 2017 conference…
- Three and one half days of panels, presentations, and round table discussions encompassing the full range of technology in higher education
- Keynote Speakers: Alan Levine AND Janet Hurn
- Afternoon workshops
- Annual Business Meeting with Door Prizes
- Numerous FREE activities to celebrate our 50th conference (ALL included with your registration), including:
- All-American Cookout and Kickoff Karnival with giant inflatables, games, cotton candy and other treats, etc
- Celebration Buffet Luncheon
- 50th Conference and Reunion Gala – appetizers, fellowship, memory room, bar (one complimentary beverage)
- Improv Comedy Night
- Thursday afternoon Mini-golf at Professor Hacker’s Lost Treasure Golf
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere at Ocean Creek Resort
And here are some actual sessions/topics that highlighted our 2016 conference:
- Tools to use in a database class – and best of all they are FREE!
- iPhone Photography Revisited
- Broadening Participation in Computing
- Teaching Information Literacy & Research With Everyday Technology
- eSports: The New Intercollegiate “Athlete”
- An ASCUE “Cool Tool” Comes Full Circle
- Changes in Perspective: When Technology Does and Doesn’t ‘Fit’
- What’s an Embedded Librarian?
- The Cogs Are Coming: The Cognitive Augmentation Revolution
- Shaping Bandwidth learning to love Netflix on campus
- Developing a Cyber Security Lab
- Engaging Learners Through Video
- OER in the Classroom
- Fighting “Learner Engagement Deficit Disorder” Via Formative Assessment Tech Tools
- Building a Digital Humanities Community – a Collaboration between Library and IT
- Watson Analytics for End Users
- So you are thinking about moving your LMS to the cloud
- Breathing Life into Business Concepts: Utilizing Simulations in Management Information System
- Digital Badges: Credentialing Professional Development
- Components of an Effective Online Course
- A Case Study in Google Cloud Printing on Campus
- ASCUE New Member Prospectus Round-table
- Microsoft Windows 10 Deployment
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployment
- Keeping Up with Big Data – Designing an Introductory Data Analytics Class
Start by marking your calendars for June 11-15, 2017! Hope to see you there!