Our mission is to provide opportunities for resource-sharing, networking, and collaboration within an environment that fosters creativity and innovation in the use of technology within higher education.
Join us June 12-16, 2016 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
We’ve got a great conference lined up. Here are the highlights:
- Three and one half days of panels, presentations, and roundtable discussions encompassing the full range of technology in higher education
- Keynote Speaker: Randy Marchany, Information Security Officer, Virginia Tech University
- Afternoon workshops
- Annual Business Meeting with Door Prizes
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere at Ocean Creek Resort
- Fun Social Activities! This year we’ll be going to The Carolina Opry, Cirque Extreme!, and a Myrtle Beach Pelicans (minor league baseball) game!
And here are some actual sessions/topics that you can look forward to enjoying at ASCUE 2016:
- Tools to use in a database class – and best of all they are FREE!
- iPhone Photography Revisited
- Broadening Participation in Computing
- Teaching Information Literacy & Research With Everyday Technology
- eSports: The New Intercollegiate “Athlete”
- An ASCUE “Cool Tool” Comes Full Circle
- Changes in Perspective: When Technology Does and Doesn’t ‘Fit’
- What’s an Embedded Librarian?
- The Cogs Are Coming: The Cognitive Augmentation Revolution
- Shaping Bandwidth learning to love Netflix on campus
- Developing a Cyber Security Lab
- Engaging Learners Through Video
- OER in the Classroom
- Fighting “Learner Engagement Deficit Disorder” Via Formative Assessment Tech Tools
- Building a Digital Humanities Community – a Collaboration between Library and IT
- Watson Analytics for End Users
- So you are thinking about moving your LMS to the cloud
- Breathing Life into Business Concepts: Utilizing Simulations in Management Information System
- Digital Badges: Credentialing Professional Development
- Components of an Effective Online Course
- A Case Study in Google Cloud Printing on Campus
- ASCUE New Member Prospectus Round-table
- Microsoft Windows 10 Deployment
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployment
- Keeping Up with Big Data – Designing an Introductory Data Analytics Class
Start by marking your calendars for June 12-16! Hope to see you there!